Maratea, in addition to the man-made beauty, its many natural beauties, and among these we find the numerous beaches along the pristine coast.
Here are some beaches:
- La Cala Jannita also known as Black Beach so named for the color of the pebbles that make it up.
- The beach Il Macarro surrounded by dense vegetation consists of sand and pebbles.
- The beach at Fiumicello, where in the 60's were brought to light numerous finds the Paleolithic, the beach is sandy.
- La Secca is a beautiful nature park dominated by mature trees, with rocks and small beaches. The main beach you can see a small island covered with thick vegetation. La Secca also features free beach reached by a small path natural pool, parking in the private park is chargeable as the use of services in beaches: La Secca and Il Mirto.
- The beach Agnola, is the largest beach of Maratea controlled from above by the castle Castrocucco, the beach is sandy.